Harlem Subway Station Booth’s Fire Extinguisher Goes Off, Sends MTA Agent To Hospital

An MTA station agent was taken to the hospital Friday when the booth’s fire extinguisher accidentally went off, according to officials.

The transit worker at the 116th St. station in Harlem on the Nos. 2 and 3 lines went to St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital with difficulty breathing around 11 a.m., according to the FDNY.

An MTA spokeswoman said that it appears the station booth’s halon gas fire suppression system went off accidentally — and the station agent inhaled the chemical.

Via source

SHARE THIS STORY
Also:  Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Book Signing & Conversation At MIST Harlem (video)

About Harlem World Magazine

Harlem World Magazine is about living your best life and style around the block and around the world of Harlem.

Leave a Reply



Quality independent publishing doesn't come free. Perhaps it goes without saying — but publishing isn't cheap. At a time when resources and revenue across the country are declining, Harlem World Magazine remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Harlem with every story we cover and every newsletter we send and our work at H.Y.P.E. As a independent magazine, we rely on readers like you to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our independence? Show us with your support. YES, I'LL CONTRIBUTE TODAY! Thank you.