The US Open’s signature food event, called “Flavors of the Open” will return with a jaw-dropping lineup of celebrity chefs on August 24, 2023.
The culinary event will feature tons of fan-favorite culinary icons, including Harlem’s Melba Wilson, Alex Guarnaschelli, Kwame Onwuachi, Masahuru Morimoto, James Kent, Josh Capon, David Burke, and Pat LaFrieda. Irresistible dishes from some of the world’s most sought-after restaurants will be available at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Melba Wilson, Kwame Onwuachi, and James Kent will all be new to the event, joining the lineup of established superstars that wow year after year. Each chef interacts with the crowd while preparing signature dishes from their on-site US Open restaurants. Beverages from US Open sponsors such as Heineken, Lavazza, Maestro Dobel Tequila and Grey Goose will also be available.
A few favorite stops include Fare by Alex Guarnaschelli, where the chef will be serving up a seasonal menu of green-market-inspired dishes, and ACES, where Michelin-starred chef Ed Brown, Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto and chef Kwame Onwauchi will be crafting unmatched seafood. Be sure to also check out Crown Shy, where Jamal “James” Kent’s signature dishes from his Michelin-starred restaurant will be available.
Once attendees are too full to enjoy another bite, a performance by legendary doubles duo Bob and Mike Bryan followed by a meet and greet is sure to impress. Caroline Wozniacki, the former #1 singles player in the world and Grand Slam Champion will also be chatting with guests. Games, music, and a photo opp with the iconic US Open Tiffany trophies all await. Tickets cost $175, with a portion of proceeds benefitting the USTA Foundation, and are available here.
- Citywide Day Of Action / Street Harassment Prevention Survey From Harlem To Hollis
- Mayor Adams Expands Rental Assistance Voucher Access From Harlem To The Hudson
- Chancellor Banks Unveils Enhanced HIV Curriculum For All Grade Levels And All Schools From Harlem To The Hudson
- Save Harlem Now! Featured In NY Landmarks Conservancy’s New Video Series Celebrating 50th Anniversary
- Daymond John Shares Entrepreneurial Wisdom With Harlem’s Rising Business Stars