Here’s a welcoming checklist for small business to stay healthy during The COVID Crisis from Harlem’s 125thStreetBID in partnership with Long Island City.
Here are the guidelines for small businesses:
- Know and follow all rules and guidelines as directed by the government.
- Know and encourage staff to follow all government recommended hygiene and safety practices.
- Establish flexible HR policies consistent with workplace laws
- Work remotely if possible.
- Stay informed.
A good resource is Comptroller Scott M. Stringer’s COVID 19 Resource Center.
Emergency Grants & Loans
In addition, don’t forget to Apply to emergency financing programs:
- Deal Reached on Aiding Small Businesses and Hospitals, Schumer says
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund
- Global NY Loan Program
- Click here for full list of funding for businesses
- Check out The COVID Crisis posts here
Managing Cash Flow
Contact your accountant to discuss:
- Delaying tax payments and pre-payments until July 15, 2020
- Applying for Paid Leave tax credit
- Applying for the payroll tax credit if your business was closed by government order
- Deferring payroll and sales taxes
Contact your insurance broker to discuss reducing premiums and deferring payments
Seek payment assistance from your utility company
Contact your bank or lender to defer mortgage payment and discuss payment options
Food Drink BUsinesses
- Develop or re-design your website.
- Offer deliver or join a delivery platform
- Implement contact-less delivery and pick-up
- Consider selling gift cards for future use
- Make sure you are on your member organization’s business listing
- Use social media to communicate with your customer; tag your member organizations. They can re-post and promote you
- Let your member organization know if you are offering any special or creative promotion to increase sales.
Harlem business organizations have united to share resources, identify problems and seek support for the businesses they serve during The COVID Crisis.
125th Street BID, 360 West 125th Street, #11, New York, NY 10027