The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce, originally incorporated as the Harlem Board of Trade on October 3, 1896, is the longest continual business organization in upper Manhattan and will celebrate this anniversary with a gala reception at Harlem Hospital’s Muriel Pavilion. This gala reception will also include a special salute to Congressman Charles Rangel as he concludes his 46 years as Harlem’s Congressman.
A who’s who of Harlem, New York City and New York State dignitaries, community leaders, elected officials and VIP’s including
- Congressman Charles Rangel
- NYS Assemblyman Keith Wright
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- Former NYS Governor David Paterson
- Former NYC Mayor David Dinkins
- Hazel Dukes, President, NYS Conference NAACP
- Performances from The Underground Horns & Cast members of “The Color Purple: The Musical”
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 , 6:00 PM – 9:00PM
Harlem Hospital Center, Muriel Pavilion, 136th Street & Malcolm X Boulevard, Harlem, New York
Harlem Cultural Archives is a donor and foundation-supported Historical Society, Its mission is to create, maintain and grow a remotely accessible, online, interactive repository of audio-visual materials documenting Harlem’s remarkable and varied multicultural legacies, including its storied past as well as its continuing contributions to the City and State of New York, the nation, and the world. Support Harlem Cultural Archives and click here to get more Harlem History, Thank you.