Funding is available for Manhattan artists and arts organizations of all disciplines realizing projects that energize neighborhoods and strengthen social bonds through cultural activities.
With invaluable support from local public agencies and funding partnerships, LMCC is excited to provide more resources and direct support for publicly accessible arts programming taking place throughout the borough of Manhattan in 2023.
Through funds provided by New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA), New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA), Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone and the Howard Gilman Foundation, LMCC will support both in-person and online events that amplify the artistic expression and experience of Manhattan’s neighborhoods and communities.
The 2023 Manhattan Arts Grants offer artists and arts organizations access to up to four funding sources, opportunities to combine multiple grants for a single project, and one of LMCC’s largest overall regrant budgets in recent years.
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Newsletter!
With more grants available, it is a great year to apply!
The application deadline is Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:00pm EST.
The maximum grant is $10,000, and projects must take place in Manhattan in 2023LMCC staff will be hosting information session webinars this summer to offer an overview of the grant programs and recommendations for preparing a strong application.
Information sessions in Spanish and Mandarin as well as technical support in these languages are available throughout the summer.
For information on Manhattan Arts Grants or to register for the information session, please visit http://LMCC.net/RSVP.
LMCC thanks its cultural partners for helping to bring these sessions to the public:
- The Alliance of Resident Theaters/New York
- Chinese American Arts Council – 美华艺术协会
- Community Word Project
- El Barrio’s Artspace PS109
- Harlem Arts Alliance (HAA)
- Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA)
- NYC Arts in Education Roundtable
About Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC)Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC serves, connects, and makes space for artists and the community.
Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Lower Manhattan.
LMCC Serves Artists through:
- Residencies that enable artists to experiment and develop their work and ideas, with professional development, financial training, and networking opportunities
- Grant funding to artists that support local/neighborhood projects
- Presentation opportunities that allow artists to share their work and creative process with the public
LMCC Serves the Community through:
- Free public programs in Lower Manhattan that activate neighborhoods and bring people together through performances and rich artistic experiences
- Access to artists and the artmaking process to build connections and dialogue between artists and audiences
- Grant funding for neighborhood arts and community-based organizations
For more information, please contact Laura Lizcano at 212.219.3071, CreativeEngagement@lmcc.net.
Photo credit: By LMCC in Harlem.