The trailblazing Harlem Fashion Week was founded by the mother-daughter duo Tandra Birkett and Yvonne Jewnell. HFW creates a cultural canvas for both established and emerging designers to showcase their creativity in an atmosphere that supports diversity and inclusivity. HFW will bridge the Downtown fashion hub to the Uptown vibe for a rich cultural experience.
This event will celebrate the Achievements of 11 Transformational Women:
- Sade Lythcott,NYS Assemblywoman 70TH District
- Reverend LaKeesha Walrond, Ph.D., President New York Theological Seminary
- Mahisha Dellinger, Founder of Curls
- Sade Lythcott, CEO The National Black Theatre
- Evetta Petty, Designer/Owner of Harlem’s Heaven Hats
- Diane Bailey, CEO/ Founder of EMERGE
- Dee Poku, Founder CEO of WIE
- Angie Hancock, Founder of Experience Harlem
- Kimberly Wilson Marshall
- Founder CEO Wilson Marshall PR
- Lydia T. Blanco.Digital Journalist/On Air Talent
- Selena Hill. Digital Journalist/ On- Air Talent
Proceeds from the HFW Charity Gala will go towards the High School of Fashion Industries Scholarship Fund
February 15th, 2020, 3:30 pm ET
The Museum of the City of New York, 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029, 212.534.1672, http://www.mcny.org/
Photo credit: Harlem Fashion Week 2019.
Harlem Cultural Archives is a donor and foundation-supported Historical Society, Its mission is to create, maintain and grow a remotely accessible, online, interactive repository of audio-visual materials documenting Harlem’s remarkable and varied multicultural legacies, including its storied past as well as its continuing contributions to the City and State of New York, the nation, and the world. Support Harlem Cultural Archives and click here to get more Harlem History, Thank you.