DoorDash is teaming up with Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC), La Colmena, and Sunnyside Community Services to donate hundreds of turkeys to New York City families grappling with food insecurity this holiday season.
As part of its Community Credits program, DoorDash will contribute $1,000 in DoorDash gift cards to each organization, enabling them to further assist families in need.
In response to a 2022 report indicating that approximately 1.2 million New York City residents face food insecurity, DoorDash is intensifying its commitment to empower local communities by addressing food insecurity on a hyper-local level.
Over the next week, DoorDash will collaborate with elected officials and community organizations actively combating food insecurity to ensure that every family has access to nutritious food this Thanksgiving.
Details of the turkey giveaway events are as follows:
- WHEN: November 17, 2023, from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- WHERE: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, New York, NY 10033
- WHO: Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC), West Side Campaign Against Hunger (WSCAH), The Hungry Pet Project
- WHAT: DoorDash and NMIC will distribute turkeys to 210 families in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx.
Photo credit: Source.
- Dive Into The Holiday Spirit With The Best Harlem-Inspired Books On Amazon
- NYC Kids RISE & NYC Public School Alumni Raise Tens Of Thousands of Dollars for Students
- Jean Shafiroff and friends celebrate fashion designer Malan Breton with a ‘Silver and Gold’ event
- Miami: Gisele Bündchen Art Of Balance At Miami Art Basel 2023
- Exploring The Fundamentals Of Proprietary Trading In Harlem And Beyond