Moisturizing every day is extremely important as this can help in reducing the chances of developing extremely dry or oily skin.
When your skin is extremely dry or oily, it ends up being harmful and detrimental to your skin’s health if left uncared for. This can trigger skin conditions like redness, breaking, and acne, eventually leaving your skin with blemishes. Moisturizing regularly helps to soften the accumulated waste and impurities that have been stored up within the skin pores. This way, they can easily be removed. There are a variety of things that can cause your skin to dry.
- Scratching your skin: this could be extremely tempting to do, especially when your body itches. It is strongly advised that you resist this urge to prevent dryness, eventually messing your skin up.
- Excessive air conditioning: It is pretty harmful to you to stay under an air conditioner all day as this will cause your skin to dry up totally and rid it of moisture.
- Sharing using a blunt razor or without shaving gel: Whenever you use a blunt razor or shave stick to shave your legs, underarms, arms, and crotch areas can cause you so much drama.
- Rubbing skin too hard when towel drying: It is important to note that you are not fighting a battle with your skin while drying it, void running your skin too hard.
- Bathing or showering in water that is too hot: As pleasant and tempting a hot bath may sound, it is not so good for your skin as it messes with your skin.
- Using lotions that contain alcohol: Alcohol goes dry very fast. Therefore, alcohol-based cream and lotion should be avoided by people with dry skin.
How Do I Keep My Skin Moisturized?
Keeping the skin moisturized is not so much of an extreme sport as many people assume it is. There are simple things to do that will aid your skin in maintaining its moisture content. These include:
Moisturizers are so important as they help add moisture to the skin, which eventually causes it to “plump up” inner fatty tissues that firmly support the other layers of the skin, which helps to diminish lines and wrinkles from the skin. A little moisturizer can carry five times its weight in water into the skin, which keeps the skin healthy. The moisturizer has an excellent capability and capacity for protection against environmental factors. The application of a moisturizer regularly after bathing helps prevent dry skin. Dry skin can be prevented by avoiding things that may trigger dryness or irritation using a daily moisturizer. A Viviane Woodard Moisturizer is water-based, and it has moisturizing conditions and rejuvenates your skin with lots of nutrients and antioxidants. Moisturizers absorb completely into the skin and do not leave any surface film. This generally improves the skin texture leaving it soft, supple, and smooth.
Minimize The Use Of Soaps
You should attempt the use of a soap-free cleanser. Furthermore, it is important to avoid certain types of soaps, such as deodorant soaps, highly perfumed soaps, and alcohol-based products. These can all strip away natural oils from the body, leaving your skin dry, causing you to break out or suffer further dryness-related skin problems. In addition, the excessive use of these soaps can ruin your skin. It is also important to use only fragrance-free laundry detergents and avoid the use of fabric softeners.
Be Gentle To Your Skin
It is important to be extremely gentle with your skin. Items like bath sponges, scrub brushes, and rough washcloths can cause your skin to itch or have little injuries. Avoid the urge to scratch yourself. If the itching persists, a moisturizer can control it. You can also use a cold pack to relieve itchy spots.
Skin dryness can be very disturbing. From the itching that can be weather-induced to the reddening of the skin and other uncomfortable things that can happen, it is almost impossible to ignore all these. However, it is great knowing that remedies that, when properly followed, will be managed properly.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!