At around 7:15 p.m., Lee Win Omar, 24, sustained a gunshot wound to the leg on West 112th Street in Harlem, New York.
During a search of the area, officers discovered rapper Declyn “Dex” Lauper, 26, “You probably know who I am,” he allegedly said to the officers, according to prosecutors in possession of a loaded firearm.
Lauper faces charges of criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Lauper had just attended a memorial service for Ethan Reyes — a 14-year-old aspiring rapper who was stabbed to death in a brawl with a 15-year-old boy on July 9, 2024. Omar is currently in stable condition at Mount Sinai Morningside in Harlem, New York. He also faces charges related to the possession of a weapon — when he was busted in the idling car on West 140th Street and Broadway, according to court papers.
As of now, no charges have been filed in connection with the shooting, and the investigation is ongoing.
This is not the first legal trouble for Lauper, the son of the renowned musician and actor David Thornton.
In July 2022, he was arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle after being found in a stolen Mercedes Benz.
He pleaded guilty in October and received private community service, as reported by the New York Post.
Photo credit: Source.
- FDNY Reports Fatal Harlem Fire With Individuals Left Hanging From Building
- Feel So Good, Cam’ron And Ma$e, Turn Feud Into (More) Fame
- State Senator Cordell Cleare’s New ‘New Yorkers,’ Migrant Resource Fair In Harlem
- Mayor Adams And NYC Health + Hospitals Unveil Free Tax Prep Services For New Yorkers
- Ultimate Guide To Business Opportunities For Foreigners In Cyprus