On Monday, December 18th, 2023, David Miliband, the IRC’s president and CEO and IGP Carnegie Distinguished Fellow, will be joined by Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Clinton is a Professor of International and Public Affairs and Chair of the IGP Faculty Advisory Board at Columbia SIPA in Harlem, 67th Secretary of State, and former Senator from New York, to discuss the 2024 Emergency Watchlist, the IRC’s annual report highlighting the humanitarian crises that are expected to significantly deteriorate in the coming year. Her Husband Bill Clinton had an office for some time on 125th Street in Harlem.
This exclusive conversation will provide insights into not only the deepening global humanitarian crises found in the 2024 Emergency Watchlist, but also what is getting in the way of effective policies to address and prevent humanitarian crises.
Introductory remarks by:
- Keren Yarhi-Milo, Dean, Columbia School of International and Public Affairs; Adlai E. Stevenson Professor of International Relations; IGP Faculty Advisory Board Member
- David Miliband, President and CEO of the International Rescue Committee; 74th UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs; Inaugural IGP Carnegie Distinguished Fellow
- Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, Professor of International and Public Affairs and Chair of the IGP Faculty Advisory Board, Columbia SIPA; 67th Secretary of State and former Senator from New York
- Vladimir Duthiers (moderator), Correspondent at CBS News
Join us virtually on Monday, December 18th, 2023, from 2-3 pm EST via live stream!
The School of International and Public Affairs
For more than 75 years, SIPA has been educating professionals who work in public, private, and nonprofit organizations to make a difference in the world.
Through rigorous social science research and hands-on practice, SIPA’s graduates and faculty strive to improve social services, advocate for human rights, strengthen markets, protect the environment, and secure peace, in their home communities and around the world.
For more information, please visit sipa.columbia.edu.
Photo credit: WIki.
- Books For All: Protect The Freedom To Read In Your Communities From Harlem To Hollis
- Migration And Metropolis: Understanding The US-Mexico Border And NYC
- Delivery Heroes Get A Power-Up: NYC Unveils First Public E-Bike Charging Station
- LinkNYC And Silicon Harlem Celebrate Two Years of Manhattan Gigabit Center
- Rare Carat: Where Is The Best Place To Buy Jewelry