Yesterday Mayor de Blasio announced that NYC is on track to enter Phase Three on Monday, July 6, 2020.
In this phase, both Personal Care businesses are allowed to reopen and food establishments are allowed to offer indoor dining. Indoor capacity is limited to no more than 50 percent of the maximum occupancy for the particular area, not including employees.
Personal Care services include:
- Tattoo and piercing facilities
- Appearance enhancement practitioners
- Massage therapy
- Nail specialty
- Ultraviolet (UV) and non-UV tanning or waxing
Have any questions about reopening? Call our hotline at 888-SBS4NYC or visit nycsmallbizcourses.eventbrite.com to see a full list of upcoming webinars and workshops offered at no cost!
- Where seating is authorized along a curb, install a platform behind the required barrier to flush height with curb to facilitate ADA compliance, prevent the curb from becoming a tripping hazard, and allow drainage to underpass seating.
- Such platforms shall not block rain water drainage getting to the curb or flowing along the curb
- Such platforms shall not obstruct access to or ventilation of utility covers
- Seating must be separated from travel lane with a barrier, regardless of the roadway width.
- Create a protective barrier, such as planters or objects of similar size and weight, on all three sides of the seating perimeter that are in the roadway, to separate seating from the travel lane. Such barriers must be at least 18” in width and 30-36” in height (excluding plantings) on all three sides that are in the roadway, to preserve visibility for motorists and provide protection for patrons (see Siting Criteria diagram)
- Place such barriers no more than 8’ from the curb (see Siting Criteria diagram)
- Ensure visibility of patrons and barriers at night by clearly marking all barriers with yellow high-intensity retro-reflective tape or reflectors (see Siting Criteria diagram)
- Must not provide any lighting that is blinding to passing traffic
- Not run power cords or other items across the sidewalk to the roadway seating
- Only utilize umbrellas with a weighted base and such umbrellas may not extend past the barrier or obstruct access to or ventilation of utility covers
- Comply with NYC Fire Department Open Flame and other applicable Fire Codes