A view northwest from the corner of West 116th Street and Amsterdam Avenue. This photo, taken in 1905, shows the University not long after its move to Morningside Heights from its Midtown campus. Low Memorial Library, designed in the neo-classical style by McKim, Mead and White occupies the center of the frame. Slightly northeast of Low are Schermerhorn and Fayerweather Halls, while to the southeast is the Macy Villa, now Buell Hall, a vestige of the Bloomingdale Insane Asylum, which previously occupied the campus. Buell Hall was eventually moved back from 116th Street to make way for Kent Hall, which now occupies the site (source).
February 1, 2014