The debate on whether to use curtains or blinds for your windows has been ongoing for a long time. Which one is versatile and efficient?
Are blinds more functional than curtains?
Do curtains offer better aesthetics than blinds?
Well, the argument is endless, and you will find supporters for both sides. But one thing that you cannot deny is that both of these enjoy immense popularity among homeowners.
If you are confused between blinds and curtains for your windows, why not try both?
Yes, there are no specific rules about using either on a given window; in fact, you can use both as per your convenience and preferences. This article will discuss how to match curtains with blinds and use both of them for the same window.
Curtains and blinds each have their functionality and aesthetics. You can layer blinds and curtains together on the same window and give your interiors a classy look.
Here are some tips for the perfect layering.
- For a layered window treatment solution, you should always choose the blinds Depending on the type of blind you prefer, you will easily be able to select the ideal curtain fabric. Also, curtains are available in a wide range of colors, unlike blinds.
- Now is the time to choose the type of blind. Remember that installing a blind is much more complicated than a So you must always choose the inside mount for the blinds and leave the window frames for the curtain. Positioning the blind properly is critical, or it can interfere with the functionality of the curtain or the window.
- Never pair printed curtains with printed blinds. If you have chosen a printed blind, go for a plain curtain. Layering print on print can be an overwhelming choice for your It will make your window look tacky and overcrowded. You can choose a solid color for your blind and layer it with a printed curtain.
- The color coordination of your blind, curtain, and interior is crucial. Choose the color of your blinds and curtains that does not conflict with one another or the interiors of your home. You can choose the same color of your window treatments as your wall, but a shade It will help in easy blending, and the curtains and blinds will give a smart, finished and elegant look to your window.
- When using layered window treatments, make sure that both the curtain and blind are hanging from the same It’s essential to match the height of the layers for a cleaner look to the room. Also, when you hang your window treatment higher, it gives an illusion of a bigger room.
- Finally, the window hardware should match the treatments. Once you have chosen the color of your blinds and curtains, ensure that they match the color of the window Try to avoid blingy and shiny colors for your rods, as that can get overwhelming. Matte finish rods go best with all types of window dressings.