The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA), in collaboration with NY-Presbyterian – The Allen Hospital, welcomes submissions for NoMAA’s next exhibition entitled “Portraits of Community: People, Places.” This exhibit seeks to present two-dimensional artwork by Uptown artists that portrays an open, diverse, and multifaceted sense of community. We are interpreting the concept of “portrait” broadly to encompass people and places that make up the Uptown community.
Guest curated by Gabriel de Guzman (Curator of Visual Arts at Wave Hill).
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists who reside in and whose images reflect the Uptown communities in El Barrio, Harlem, Washington Heights, Inwood and Marble Hill.
In order to be considered, artists must submit via email all relevant attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 9, 2016 before 11:59pm EST. Submission is FREE.
No submission fees required. Questions? call: 212 567 4394
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST CONSIST OF:
- Six jpg images of two-dimensional artwork (ready to hang) in 3mb in size, or at least 300 dpi.
- A fully completed submission form
- A brief narrative of no more than 10 lines to accompany the images that conveys the artist’s thoughts about their submission as a whole. Indicate sequence of artwork
ACCEPTED WORK: (please read and follow the instructions carefully)
- Selected artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above ready to hang
- Each of the selected artists will be provided with a stipend of $400
- All artwork must be available for the duration of the show
- All artwork must be appropriate for all ages
- All work must be labeled on the back with: artist’s name, title, and sale price, if any
- Sales of works are not conducted at NoMAA. However, participating artists must provide a price list, and you will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale go towards NoMAA to help sustain our gallery program
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotional and archival purposes
BUY IT ON Shop HW
- Friday, September 9, 2016 11:59pm: submissions due
- Monday, September 12, 2016: notifications sent via email
- Wednesday and Thursday, September 14 and 15: Delivery of artworks (ready to hang)
- Monday, September 19: Reception followed by “Intimate Voices” concert
- TBC Artist Talk
- TBC De-installation