On Tuesday, April 26th, 2022, the new store concept and brand incubator, At The Venue hosted an intimate grand opening event at their new location just thirty minutes from Harlem in NoLita, NYC.
The space provides not only a retail experience for consumers, but a collaborative office space for retailers, and event space for all!
Guests were able to shop participating brands, enjoy bites by Beatnic, and sip on refreshments by FunWine.
A concept born in Taiwan by CEO and owner Fanny Kong, At The Venue, located at 260 Mott Street, New York City, is a multi-brand retail store, co-working space, and event space open in the heart of Nolita that officially opened the week of April 25th, 2022.
Fantastically versatile, At The Venue will allow participating brands to showcase their designs while providing open-ended collaborative opportunities and support with tasks like manufacturing and networking.
For residents, full-experience perks include the opportunity to sell their products, exclusive co-working office space, the ability to host private events including sample/trunk shows, cocktail hours, fashion shows, interview panels, photoshoots, and themed parties more, as well as an atelier and manufacturing services.
Following a successful pop-up shop in the West Village last year, industry veteran Fanny Kong made the decision to open At The Venue permanently here in the United States.
The 1000-square-foot space will be the first of its kind in NYC. Kong notes, “After seeing the positive reception of the brand here in the U.S., and especially New York City, we decided to get something a little more permanent. There are so many brands eager to get their start, and so many consumers excited to shop for them. We connect the dots and help these emerging brands get in front of appropriate shoppers for their success.”
Brand’s will be joining At The Venue on a rolling basis but will always specialize in knitwear with a sustainable aspect.
Current brands include the below and range from $100-$500 in price.
- At The Venue, the space’s namesake brand, features pieces made by in-house designers in Taiwan. They utilize the scraps and trims to create one-of-a-kind, upcycled pieces like sweaters, dresses, and skirts.
- Fully Fashioning features timeless pieces with a modern touch, a twist on the classics. Their clothes are designed to meet the modern women’s day to night needs from work to evening events.
- Save As showcases the freedom to find yourself without any inhibitions. Self-curating their eccentric inspirations and creativities, they are at the forefront of self-expression and actualization.
- Tai&MOMO is for 2-4 year old children whose parents would like to dress their kids following adult fashion trends. Made for the cool and fun mommies and daddies who love a matching “mini me’’ moment.
- Emilia George is thoughtfully designed to give the functionality and style that motherhood deserves. Pre-bump to postpartum, their silhouettes flatter your changing figure.
- FANG is a menswear brand that observes and celebrates the contemporary male experience — the feeling of being masculine, feminine, and everything in between.
- The NO. 2 is an award-winning eyewear brand set to solve everyday eyewear discomforts and inconveniences through “Human-entric” and “Less Is More” design.
- Nail Reformation makes getting professional nails more accessible and affordable by offering a salon-quality press-on system that makes it possible for you to switch up your look easily in minutes.
- Heartd Beauty (pronounced “Hearted”), is a clean beauty brand that is dedicated to giving people the option to have high quality makeup with natural and healthy ingredients. Heartd products are formulated to hydrate while giving a fun variety of beautiful colors.
- Bookworm Baby created Basil the Bookworm Teether – an original, patent-pending design that mimics board books to inspire a love of reading & soothe achy gums.
Rooted in innovation, At The Venue is a haven for brands looking to get started in the industry.
With a full traceable production process and a commitment to letting their designers’ imaginations run free.
We encourage them to design and produce their garments in-house, with the ability to utilize any of the three At The Venue workshops available, New York City’s Garment District, Taiwan, or southern China.
At The Venue is committed to sustainable production practices and ensures that brands they are collaborating with feel the same.
Their fabrics are woven in CO2-neutral facilities, their yarns are fully traceable, and their zero-waste packaging commitment means that orders are shipped in a material that is fully compostable.
In a dynamic and immersive experience, guests will be treated to sparkling water, champagne, coffee and more while shopping.
At The Venue will operate 11 AM-7 PM Monday-Saturday and 12 PM-6 PM on Sunday.
At The Venue, 260 Mott Street, New York City, (646) 476 5046, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://atthevenue.co/
Photo credit: 1-8) Photos. by Ilya Savenok.
Harlem Cultural Archives is a donor and foundation-supported Historical Society, Its mission is to create, maintain and grow a remotely accessible, online, interactive repository of audio-visual materials documenting Harlem’s remarkable and varied multicultural legacies, including its storied past as well as its continuing contributions to the City and State of New York, the nation, and the world. Support Harlem Cultural Archives and click here to get more Harlem History, Thank you.