On Thursday evening, May 4th, 2023, evening in Harlem, seven small business owners gathered for a pitch competition that could change their lives forever.
Each entrepreneur presented their business’ purpose, strategy, community impact, and how additional capital could unlock new opportunities.
Only three of the seven would emerge victorious, with M&T Bank offered a $16,000 prize for first place, $12,000 for second, and $7,000 for third.
The pitch competition was the grand finale of the M&T Bank’s Harlem Multicultural Small Business Lab, a six-week program designed to empower, develop, and grow small businesses in Harlem.
In partnership with Carver Federal Savings Bank, the Lab provided local entrepreneurs with invaluable guidance, education, and resources.
Originally starting with 60 participants, the Lab narrowed down the contenders through a selection process, ultimately choosing the seven finalists that night.
Against the backdrop of the historic Harlem Commonwealth Council at 361 West 125th Street, the event was a celebration of community, entrepreneurship, and the unwavering spirit of Harlem.
As the winners were announced, it was clear that the program had achieved its goal of supporting and promoting the success of small businesses in Harlem.
Photo credit: Carver.
- Navigating The Canadian Wildfire Smoke In Harlem: 7 Expert-Backed Tips For Enhanced Health And Wellness
- US And European Voters Increasingly United Against Chinese And Russian Threats
- 4 Tips For Your First International Trip
- Mayor Adams Unveils New Process To Review LGBTQIA+ Homicide Cases
- NY AG James Warns Against Price Gouging As Canadian Fires Worsen Air Quality From Harlem To Hudson