More user-friendly experience to access the information and services they need to stay healthy.
Over the past two years, NYC Health + Hospitals’ website has seen a dramatic increase in traffic due in part to the health system’s critical role during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, over 6.9 million people accessed the website, an increase of 330% since 2019.
The homepage now features a COVID-19 search bar integrated as a main feature of the design, a dynamic video showing the diversity of staff and patients served, and a new “I Want To” section where New Yorkers can quickly access in-demand services like vaccinations and virtual care.
“When the COVID-19 pandemic came to our city, people turned to the NYC Health + Hospitals website for information on symptoms, our test and trace efforts, and the vaccine,” said NYC Health + Hospitals President and CEO Mitchell Katz, MD. “We were and continue to be proud to serve New Yorkers every day. The new website is one of many ways we are investing in the public health system to give our patients the best experience possible when seeking care.”
The redesign features the following changes:
A new patient-friendly homepage: The homepage launches with a New York City video featuring the diverse patients and health care spaces across our facilities. A COVID-19 search bar integrates the system’s COVID-19 resources prominently into the design. An “I Want to…” section makes it easy for users to navigate to the most commonly sought resources. The homepage also includes a philanthropy section where New Yorkers can donate to the health care system to support its mission.
· Find a Doctor: The improved search function now allows patients to search a database of more than 5,000 providers based on their facility, specialty, and languages spoken. Each provider now has their own webpage with their credentials and educational background.
· Talk to a Doctor Now: This button links directly to NYC Health + Hospitals’ Virtual ExpressCare, where patients can connect to a provider within minutes by phone or video for urgent care. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and interpretation is available in over 200 languages.
· Quick links to MyChart: With one click, patients can access the login page for MyChart to schedule an appointment, send a message to their doctor’s office, request prescription refills, and see test results.
· Facility websites: Each of the system’s 11 hospitals, 30 Gotham Health centers, and 5 long-term care centers now has a redesigned facility website, with the address and phone number easy to find at the top of the page. Each facility homepage has an “At a Glance” banner with badges to reflect key achievements, such as recognition by US News and World Reports for being one of the nation’s best hospitals or designation as a Level 1 Trauma Center.
· Patient stories and video testimonials: Patient stories are highlighted on the redesigned homepage including Ray Lopez, who received gender-affirming hormone therapy to treat gender dysphoria, and Freddy Virola, a Brooklyn father and COVID-19 patient who received extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, or ECMO therapy, that saved his life.
· New photos: The redesigned website features an array of new photos of facilities, patients and staff.
NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest municipal health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers.
We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.
Our diverse workforce of more than 43,000 employees is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.