Today at 3:00 PM ET at the steps of New York City Hall, hundreds of African American faith leaders and their parishioners will rally against a City Council proposal to ban the sale of real fur. Fur has significant cultural, religious, and historical significance to African-Americans, who are among the biggest consumers of fur products.
Attendees say the ban discriminates against their community and their right to buy and wear products of their own choosing.
- Rev. Dr. Johnnie Green, Mount Nebo Baptist Church and Mobilizing Preachers and Communities (MPAC)
- Rev. Al Cockfield, Jr., COO of God’s Battalion of Prayer Ministries
- Jackie Rowe-Adams, Harlem Mothers SAVE
- Dr. Una Clarke, Former Councilmember
- Hundreds of congregants from all five boroughs
Today, May 8, 3 PM ET
New York City Hall, City Hall Park, New York, NY 10007
Like this article? Get our Harlem Newsletter straight to your inbox. Sign-Up!