There is no surprise that out of all the things that could naturally severely traumatize the human body.
Getting pregnant and carrying that baby to full term and delivery is the one that often carries with it, simultaneously, the most mystery and theory. In the early to mid-twentieth century United States, prenatal care helped reshape pregnancy by extending medical directives into the everyday life of pregnant women. What began with minimal strategies for a few women at high risk grew into a lifestyle for all expecting babies. Once pregnant, women require routine prenatal care to help safeguard their health and the health of the fetus. From past traumas to newly acquired allergies there isn’t a lack of circumstance nor phenomena that could adversely affect a woman during childbirth and the months before. So it has to be acknowledged that during this time extra special, maybe even personally customized, care is needed to get a woman through the 7 to 9 months of the gestation period. From jewelry and candles to compression socks and organic baby care items, even pregnancy cookbooks, there are plenty of items that are specially designed in order to make pregnancy more comfortable. While everyone has a different experience, there are a few essentials that many women depend on at the beginning, middle and at the end that are geared towards maximizing comfort for any pregnancy. Please make note of the following for possible gift ideas or suggestions.
What Are The Items That Best Give Comfort During Pregnancy?
- Yoga Ball – pregnancy yoga ball exercises can help engage a woman’s core and improve hip stability. During labor, a yoga ball can reduce the pain of contractions. It can also help maintain upright positions, which lets gravity take some effect whenever it is time.
- Body Pillow – these body pillows are designed to help a woman sleep comfortably throughout pregnancy. Body pillows support by laying strategically between a woman’s knees, under the abdomen, or behind the back. Choosing the right body pillow involves deciding on the size, shape, fabric, filling, and more. The best body pillows are moldable, this helps to support a woman’s ever growing and changing body.
- Pregnancy Cravings Gift Basket – this is a great gift and it should be filled with all of the goodies to make a woman feel comfortable and extra special. Creating gift baskets it would be wise to give the expectant mother a basket full of her favorite snacks. This is a way to supply a lady with some of the foods she has been craving. A sure way to make any woman feel appreciated is by gifting her a congratulatory pregnancy cravings gift box.
- Foot Massager – It’s normal during pregnancy to have swollen feet. Due to this, most pregnant women suffer from soreness and foot pain. One of the best ways to alleviate said pain and discomfort is by using a special foot massager. A good foot massager massages the tissues and muscles of the feet thoroughly and improves blood circulation. With electric foot massagers, a woman could slide her feet in and sit back for a stress-free foot massage. While, foot roller,a simpler apparatus made of plastic or wood, could do the job as well.
- Compression Socks – compression socks are made with the idea of improving the circulation of blood throughout the entire body by focusing on its lower extremities. Pregnant women who are prone to swelling in their legs, feet or ankles may want to wear compression socks to reduce chances of swelling. There is also the fact that pregnancy hormones also make the blood clot more easily and a woman’s ever expanding uterus also puts pressure on her veins. Wearing compression socks will help prevent a blood clot from developing or blood pooling in feet and lower legs. They are typically made with synthetic materials, such as spandex, polyester, or nylon. For added breathability and durability, some compression socks are woven with wool, cotton, and other natural fibers.
- Aroma Lamp – Aromatherapy is a method of therapy that uses essential oils. These oils come from plants, such as herbs and flowers, and they are highly concentrated. These oils smell pleasant, but they also contain therapeutic chemicals. There are a number of ways in which aromatherapy could help pregnant women get comfortable: ease the symptoms of morning sickness, soothe pregnancy niggles, help them to feel calm, comfortable and relaxed during their pregnancy. Essential oils could also help to reduce fear and anxiety, ease pain or boost contractions. A good aroma lamp is a great gift for pregnant women used to diffuse essential oils in aromatherapy.
- Pregnancy Cookbook – pregnancy will bring about a change in a woman’s body, her moods and, more often than not, also her appetite. This is because for the next nine months her taste buds will not be the same. Facilitating that plus eating a healthy diet is an important part of pregnancy. So for the pregnant woman who loves to tinker in the kitchen, ignite her cooking creativity while creating her own comfort foods. Get her a pregnancy cookbook.