310 Lenox Avenue And 125th Street Harlem, New York 1910

lenox-avenue-125th-street-harlem-ny-1910-41 finalUpclose view looking north-west on the corner of Lenox Avenue and 125th Street in Harlem, New York around 1910.

Related: Check out our Harlem History page on Facebook HERE.

On what looks like a slow day taken on the corner with the horse carriage in front of The Crescent Hotel with the windows and veranda covered in wrought iron in the background at Lenox Avenue in central Harlem. Across the street is the Classical Revival style 310 Park & Tilford (P & T) Hall with the sign that reads:

Rev. L. Levkowitz …

(second line of text unclear)…

Will conduct Divine services in this hall…

(not legible)…

Oct. 3rd 4th & 5th…

(not legible) …

Oct. 18th Oct 12 & 13th

Tickets on Sale Sept 18th

Rev. L. Levkowitz Cantor & Morel …

(not legible)…

P & T was a high end grocer, like a Fairway or Dean & DeLuca of its day. The first floor was the grocery store selling “groceries, wines, cigars, perfumery and toilet articles”, with offices above.

Via Source

Related Articles



Leave a Reply