It’s a great photograph taken during the summer on the south east corner of 125th Street and Lexington Avenue in East Harlem, NY on June, 16th, 1915.
From the left in the foreground of the picture is the cobblestone streets (closer to the photographer longer planks seems to be in pace covering the construction going on underneath the street) on Lexington Avenue with a paved road for automobiles and tracks for trolley cars, as Harlemites mill around on the corner of United Cigar Stores Company. In the middle of the frame on the sidewalk sits the a wooden subway station (constructed the entrance and exit by workers). To the right are the tires of a early car maybe a Dodge or the Warren-Nash that was manufactured in Harlem parked next to the curb.
Construction started on the first Interborough Rapid Transit (IRT) company line in 1900. The trains ran from City Hall, north to 125th Street, and opened on July 17, 1918.