To ensure your gifts make it to their recipients by Christmas Day, be sure to stick to the following schedule:
Air/Army Post Office (APO), Fleet Post Office (FPO), Diplomatic Post Office (DPO)
- USPS Ground Advantage: November 6
- First-Class Mail: December 9
- Priority Mail: December 9
- Priority Mail Express Military Service: December 15
Within the Lower 48 States (Excluding Hawaii and Alaska)
- USPS Ground Advantage: December 16
- First-Class Mail (including greeting cards): December 16
- Priority Mail: December 18
- Priority Mail Express: December 20
There are six different methods for shipping packages internationally with the USPS: Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express International, Priority Mail International, First-Class Package International Service, First-Class Mail International, and Airmail M-Bags.
The specific deadlines for each of these options is likely to vary based on the package’s final destination. More information on shipping internationally during the holiday season can be found here.
No added fees this holiday season
When it comes time to ship things this holiday season, the USPS has said that there won’t be any extra charge, fees, or surge pricing. Consumers can expect to see the same prices around the holidays as they do any other day of the year.
That includes no extra fees for Saturday deliveries, residential area deliveries, no volume minimums, and no fuel surcharges on any holiday shipping transactions.
The USPS website also makes the shipping process easier – especially around the holidays. With Click-N-Ship, the USPS’ online platform, consumers can schedule package pickup or order shipping labels and Priority Mail packaging writes Consumer Affairs.
- Join The Celebration Of Native American Heritage Month From Harlem And Beyond
- NYC Mayor Eric Adams Errs In Switching The City’s Heavy-Duty Fleet To Renewable Diesel
- Community-Owned Property Gaining Traction In Harlem More Is Needed, WEACT
- Whatha, FDA Warns Breakthrough Cancer Treatment Might Cause Cancer
- The NYC Health + Hospitals Leadership Acknowledged In 2023 Power Players In Health Care List