By HWM and photographs by Seitu Oronde
The event unfolded on 26th Street and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, featuring diverse groups such as African Americans, Native American Indians, Asians, and other organizations that have served in the armed forces without receiving due recognition. These groups persist in their dedication by establishing organizations and foundations that continue to make a meaningful impact on veterans’ lives.
The parade commemorated key anniversaries, including the 70th Anniversary of the end of the Korean War, the 50th Anniversary of the withdrawal of combat units from Vietnam, the 40th Anniversary of the Beirut Barracks Bombing in Lebanon and the Grenada Invasion, the 30th Anniversary of the Battle of Mogadishu in Somalia, and more.
Here are some captivating images captured by Seitu Oronde during the parade:
- Tada! Youth Theater Announces 2024 Season In New York City
- Dive Into The Holiday Spirit With The Best Harlem-Inspired Books On Amazon
- NYC Kids RISE & NYC Public School Alumni Raise Tens Of Thousands of Dollars for Students
- Jean Shafiroff and friends celebrate fashion designer Malan Breton with a ‘Silver and Gold’ event
- Miami: Gisele Bündchen Art Of Balance At Miami Art Basel 2023