Last week, a fortunate individual from Brooklyn experienced the realization of every New Yorker’s aspiration by walking out of a Harlem corner store with a whopping $1 million prize from a scratch-off lottery ticket.
Rodney Henderson, hailing from Brooklyn, has been designated to receive a substantial sum of nearly $1 million distributed over a span of 20 years—the ultimate reward for triumphing in the Strike it Rich! scratch-off game, as reported by the New York Lottery.
The stroke of luck occurred when Henderson acquired the serendipitous ticket at 477 Food, located on Malcolm X Boulevard and West 134th Street in Harlem. Over the course of two decades, Henderson’s bank account will be graced with an influx of more than $30,000 per year, in accordance with the arrangements made by the New York Lottery.
In the aftermath of Henderson’s victorious win, an LLC based in the Bronx achieved an equally remarkable feat by securing a scratch-off ticket that granted them an impressive $3 million windfall. Henderson might have secured his lucky break, but he isn’t the sole individual who embraced the chance. Lottery officials disclosed that scratch-off games alone contributed to a staggering $4,406,338,198 in sales between the years 2022 and 2023.
Photo credit: Google.
- The Art Of Relaxation: Exploring Different Techniques For Stress Relief And Relaxation
- Hello Harlem, Embrace The Empowering Women.NYC Network For A Brighter Tomorrow
- D.A. Bragg Announces Prison Sentence Of Victor Lopez For Harlem Subway Shoving
- Sponsored Love: A Women’s Empowerment Coach Could Resonate With Loss Due To Her Childhood Abandonment
- Harlem Wins The Silver, As NYC Health + Hospitals Earns Recognition For Excellence In Quality Care