Presented by the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), AMP NYC is a three-month accelerator for Media and Entertainment businesses looking to increase business, elevate their brands, expand audience reach, and respond to rapidly changing shifts in the market. The program includes online, self-guided and cohort-based courses supplemented with in-person training to keep your business ahead of the curve.
AMP NYC runs from May 30, 2018, through mid-August and is a rigorous three-month program that requires at least a three-hour time commitment per week. There is no cost to participate in the program at this time.
The network: Develop close relationships with peers in your cohort, meet industry leaders, mentors, and influencers within the industry. To kick this off, SBS will host a full day orientation and welcome networking event at the Made in NY Media Center in downtown Brooklyn.
The business mentors: Receive tailored support and coaching from key industry leaders and experts.
The curriculum: Get access to exclusive business courses, tools, and resources during three half-day workshops and through self-guided learning, including weekly individual activities to complete with your organization’s leadership.
The industry showcase: At the end of the program, present what you have learned and share your company’s work with potential clients, employees, and peers – show how you have transformed the way you do business!
Who can apply?
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Your business must target these 3 industry sectors within Media and Entertainment:
- Media Tech, Live Events, Marketing and Advertising
- Your business must have been operating for more than one year
- You must have at least two full-time employees (including the owner(s))
- Your annual revenue must be between $150,000 and $10 million
- Your business must be based in New York City
How do I apply?
Applications are due by May 14, 2018 at 9:00AM EST to be part of the first inaugural cohort. Up to 25 businesses will be selected; due to space, only one business owner will be able to represent their organization. Applicants should be prepared for cohort-based learning and in-depth personal reflection for business growth and strategy exploration.
By applying, you acknowledge that you meet the eligibility requirements and that you fully commit to program participation requirements. Candidates are required to commit to the following dates:
- Orientation and Kick-off: 5/30 (full-day)
- Module 1 (Branding): June 1
- Module 2 (Growth and Change): June 20
- Module 3 (Marketing and Sales): July 11
- Industry-wide Showcase: August 7 (full-day)