It’s crucial to stay comfortable while traveling. But that doesn’t mean you need to leave style behind.
So what do you wear to stay comfortable and stylish? Read on to find out:
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #1: Jewelry
When traveling, the last thing you want to do is to leave fashion behind. One of the best ways of adding style to any outfit is to add jewelry. But not just any jewelry will do. Choose something like a cubic link chain – whether a tennis bracelet or necklace, a spiked necklace, or a diamond-studded bracelet. Complete the look by choosing a fashionable watch, some earrings, or a stud.
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #2:
A Comfortable T-Shirt
Both men and women can wear t-shirts. Choose preshrunk t-shirts with an intriguing design that are soft and cushiony to the touch. T-shirts are perfect for any occasion, such as:
- Hanging out on the beach
- Used for a barbecue
- Hanging out at the park
- Worn underneath your “normal” clothing
- Workout attire
- Visiting your friends
- Going on vacation
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #3 EDC
EDC stands for “everyday carry.” The idea behind EDCs are items that are invaluable in one’s daily life. Some things you might want to consider carrying around with you are:
- Multitools. Sometimes you don’t want to carry around an entire toolkit when a single tool will do the job of many. Remember that most multitools trade compactness with the ability to do the job correctly. The “original” multitool was the “Swiss Army knife.” The concept has evolved to include those muti-plier tools, such as the “leatherman,” slim profile multitool “cards” with cutting edges and hex wrenches included.
- Flashlight-charger-USB. There is a variety of these on the market that you can clip onto your belt loop and forget until you need them. Just make sure you check its power level every so often, so you’re not left without when you need it. Some have built-in strobe features, a low light mode for extending battery use, and built-in cords.
- Fashionable lighters are another choice to consider when looking at EDC options. Just make sure that you get one that won’t turn on accidentally.
- The Keysmart and Carbocage Keycage are devices that organize all your keys instead of having them be in a disorganized jumble. Their slim, compact design looks neat as well.
- Umbrellas, while not typically classified as an EDC item, are perfect because you’ll always be prepared for the rain or excessive sun. Choose one that you can comfortably wear on your arm and small enough that it doesn’t get in the way of daily activities.
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #4: A Fashionable Tote
Not everything can fit into your pockets; you’ll need something to carry everything else. The tote can take the need to carry other things to the next level. Choose one with many pockets that zipper close and is roomy enough to contain everything you need: some snacks, a few batteries, some snacks, spiral-bound notebooks, writing utensils, and maybe even a laptop. Better yet, choose one with an optional shoulder strap, so you don’t have to carry it in your hands at all times. Don’t have enough stuff for a tote? Ladies can opt for a smaller purse, and both men and women can use a small backpack to hold everything.
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #5: Fashionable Shoes
Shoe styles will come and go, but comfort is forever. Since we’re talking about travel, choose shoes that can deal with everyday life’s wear and tear. ‘Comfortable’ means no high heels, despite how fashionable they may be! Some classics are tennis shoes, sandals, low tops, sneakers, and boots of varying lengths. If it’s raining or snowing, consider matching waterproof shoes or a classic yellow raincoat and galoshes look to help keep you dry.
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #6: Jeans
Jeans are a classic unisex item that comes in various styles. We’re not limiting the concept to blue jeans, either. They can be stone-washed, black, or cutoffs. So long as they are made of “jean” material, they count for our purposes here.
Comfortable & Stylish Things to Wear #7: a Hat
What better way of rounding out an outfit than to wear a hat? They come in all sizes, styles, and colors – everything from the classic baseball hat to cowboy hats to sunhats and everything in between. Choose a comfortable, well-fitting hat that compliments the outfit you’re wearing. Hats with patterns or designs are also a popular choice. But some types are more practical for travel than others. A hat you use more for show than for use will get annoying. If you’re worried about needing to store the hat in a box or a mannequin head when it’s not in use, that’s probably not going to be a hat you’ll want to wear for travel.