UPDATE: Of a Tornado Warning, from Manhattan to The Bronx. Tornadoes can cause flying debris, turn unsecured objects into projectiles, & cause power outages.
Preparedness Actions: IMMEDIATELY go indoors and/or to the lowest floor of your building for shelter. Stay away from windows.
Reported earlier: Due to high winds, a ban on all commercial vehicles coming from Harlem or any other place is now in effect on the Whitestone Bridge.
Restrictions for empty tractor-trailers, tandem trailers, piggyback trailers, dual trailers, and multiple trailers remain in effect for the Verrazzano Bridge and RFK Bridge.
Consider alternate routes and allow for additional travel time wherever you’re coming from Harlem to the Hudson.
Hazards: Strong winds can cause flying debris, turn unsecured objects into projectiles, and cause power outages.
Preparedness Actions: Exercise caution when walking, biking, or driving.
Before an outage
Get the best Harlem news in your inbox here.
- Charge cell phones
- Gather supplies
- Turn refrigerators/freezers to a colder setting
During an Outage
- Stay clear of downed power lines
- Turn off all appliances
- Keep refrigerator/freezer doors closed to prevent food spoilage
- Do not use generators indoors
- If you have a disability/access needs, or use life-sustaining equipment (LSE) and need immediate assistance, dial 911.
Go directly to www.weather.gov/okx for weather updates.
Comeback here for updates.