As required by Local Law 6 for the Year 2008, the Department of Consumer Affairs is forwarding the following Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity to Comment on Proposed Rule regarding mass transit benefits law.
DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Notice of Proposed Hearing and Opportunity to Comment
What are we proposing?
The Department of Consumer Affairs is proposing rules to clarify Chapter 9 of Title 20 of the Administrative Code of the City of New York (as added by the Mass Transit Benefits Law, Local Law 53 of 2014), which requires certain employers to offer the opportunity to purchase pre-tax transportation benefits to their employees, and to provide guidance to employers about how penalties for violations of the law are assessed.
When and where is the Hearing? The Department of Consumer Affairs will hold a public hearing on the proposed rule. The public hearing will take place at 10:00 AM on July 7, 2016. The hearing will be in Department of Consumer Affairs hearing room at 42 Broadway 5th Floor, New York, New York.
How do I comment on the proposed rules? Anyone can comment on the proposed rules by:
• Website. You can submit comments to the Department of Consumer Affairs through the NYC rules Web site at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us.
• Email. You can email written comments to Rulecomments@dca.nyc.gov.
• Mail. You can mail written comments to Casey Adams, Deputy Director of City Legislative Affairs, Department of Consumer Affairs, 42Broadway, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10004.
• Fax. You can fax written comments to the Department of Consumer Affairs, (646) 500- 5962.
• By Speaking at the Hearing. Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rule at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up before the hearing by calling 212-436-0392. You can also sign up in the hearing room before the hearing begins on July 7, 2016. You can speak for up to three minutes.
Is there a deadline to submit written comments? Written comments may be submitted on or before 5 PM on July 7, 2016.
Do you need assistance to participate in the Hearing? You must tell the Office of Legal Affairs if you need a reasonable accommodation of a disability at the Hearing. You must tell us if you need a sign language interpreter. You can tell us by mail at the address given above. You may also tell us by telephone at 212-436-0155. You must tell us by July 5, 2016.
Can I review the comments made on the proposed rules? You can review the comments made online on the proposed rules by going to the Website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us/. A few days after the hearing, copies of all comments submitted online, copies of all written comments, and a summary of oral comments concerning the proposed rule will be available between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to the public at the office of Casey Adams, Deputy Director of City Legislative Affairs, Department of Consumer Affairs, 42 Broadway, 8th Floor,New York, NY 10004