Celebrate National Waffle Day in Harlem on August 24th, 2017 by creating the ultimate Belgian waffle. Whether it’s a thick and crisp Belgian or the chewier Liège, waffles pair excellently with almost any topping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 3 eggs, separated
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Weekly Newsletter!
- Heat Krups Waffle Maker to desired Shade.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well mixed. In medium bowl, whisk milk, butter and egg yolks until blended. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
- In large clean bowl, beat egg whites with electric beater on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- When “Ready” light is on and signal sounds, spoon and spread about 1/2 cup of the batter in each square of bottom plate. Close and latch lid.
- Cook until “Ready” light is on and signal sounds. Remove waffles and repeat twice, until all batter is used.
Have any tips you would like to share with us send them to us below.