Here’s a selected list from the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance’s (NCAA) NoMAA Newsletter #25 Uptown in Northern Manhattan, New York.
Here’s the list:
- The Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling is HOLDING AUDITIONS – In preparation for our 2016/2017 program lineup, the Museum is eager to audition storytellers of various disciplines. If you are an actor, musician, puppeteer, dancer or performance ensemble, please contact Lauren@sugarhillmuseum.org or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up, learn more and meet with us.
- Call For Applications – The Artist Studios Program hosts artists and designers daily as they produce work in a live studio environment. Van Lier Fellowship – MAD is pleased to announce the Artist Studios Van Lier Fellowship beginning June 2016. The fellowship provides support for talented, culturally diverse and economically challenged young people who are dedicated to careers in the arts. Request for Proposals for the Artist Studios Program and Van Lier Fellowship for June 2016 – January 2017 sessions are being accepted now through January 25, 2016. For more information visit www.madmuseum.org/programs/artist-studios
- Art in the Open Philadelphia Call for Artists – Professional artists working in all media are invited to participate in Art in the Open 2016. Beginning Friday, May 13 through Sunday, May 15, 2016, artists will use Philadelphia’s Schuylkill River Banks as their studio space, creating new works of art ‘outside, on-site.’ Selected artists will have the opportunity to participate in complementary programming, public engagement events, and to exhibit artwork created during AiO in a series of gallery exhibition. For the electronic application, please visit https://cfeva.slideroom.com More Info. contact Genevieve Coutroubis at Genevieve@cfeva.org Artists do not need to be from the Philadelphia region to apply.
- New Leaf Restaurant /Ft. Tryon Park, Exhibiting local artists in a rotating basis. Venue: 1 Margaret Corbin Dr. Fort Tryon Park, NYC 10040. More information contact Jenae’ Schwartz at email@example.com
- CIRCLE UP (for Kids) & TO BE HEARD (for Teens) Registration is now open for the fall session of People’s Theatre Project’s free public programs for children and teens. Both the CIRCLE UP and TO BE HEARD program are offered free of charge and are open to children and teens ages 6-17. No experience is necessary. Participants should be ready to play, share ideas, collaborate, and be creative! Attendance at all rehearsals and performances is essential. for more information contact People’s Theatre Project @ 715 West 172nd Street, Suite 64, New York, NY 10032 Tel:646-398-9062 Programa de teatro para niños y jovenes.
- DOT Art commissions emerging and established artists to produce site-responsive art in collaboration with community-based organizations to be on display for up to 11 months. These priority sites are identified by DOT Borough Offices and Operating Units based upon community requests for beautification. Interested organizations and artists are required to submit a joint application and not-for-profit organizations are eligible to receive up to $5K toward direct project costs and in-kind engineering support. All applicants must select a priority site and provide a conceptual design for consideration. Postmark deadline: Friday, April 24, 2016. Help transform NYC’s streets and public spaces. Learnabout art opportunities with @NYC_DOT:http://t.co/g4e4KgP6OQ Oportunidad para artistas y organizaciones.
Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance’s (NoMAA), www.nomaanyc.org
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Newsletter!