by the Harlem World team
It’s that time of year again! The season when back-to-school sales and advertisements pop up everywhere and your shopping cart is full of everything from pencils, backpacks, to notebooks and more. You might find yourself thinking for an inordinate amount of time about binders—or asking yourself why in the world Ms. Smith requires 50 red pens for her drama class. But there’s one thing you’re probably forgetting to think about now…and that’s you, Ms. Diva!
We believe that back-to-school is as much about you as it is your kids and their loose-leaf paper. Because when the yellow bus comes by on the first day of school, you get a very special thing back: me time.
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Weekly Newsletter!
To help make the most of your Mom’s back-to-school me time, we’ve put together a supply list just for YOU! Each item is specifically chosen to help you feel great, relax, and enjoy every last kid-free moment. Even if that’s just the few minutes between the bus pick up and driving to work.
And remember, while the kids are away, the fabulous moms will play!
Mom’s Back-to-School Supplies List:
1. United by Blue McKenzie Tote—Why should your children be the only ones to get a new bag? You have a lot of carrying to do, too and still look good!
4. Organic All Natural Exfoliating Face Scrub—Because when you were busily slathering sunscreen on the kids, you sometimes forgot to put it on yourself. Scrub away summer blunders and brighten up that face.
5. Vernissage Nail Lacquer—Hey, you might actually have time to paint your nails!
6. Eco Friendly Mats Yoga Mat—Because that yoga class coupon you bought at the beginning of summer expires soon. 7. Organic Japanese Green Tea—Teatime = me time.
8. Books—Hopefully, you’ll find some time to read! Perhaps during your soak?
9. Black Freshwater Pearl Earring—You made it through another summer…you deserve it!
10. A Bottle of Hermann J. Wiemer from the “New York State” Seneca Valley area—You made it through this entire list…you should demand it!