The purpose of this town hall meeting, “Black & Blue: The Struggle for Justice” is to gather community members, elected officials, businesses and young professionals for an action planning meeting to discuss independent oversight, unification with other concerned organizations and community convening across demographics. This is a meeting to discuss solutions and supporting actions.
SHOP, THE NEW HARLEM WORLD SHOP!
- Arva R. Rice (pictured), President & CEO, New York Urban League
- Stanley Fritz, New York Urban League Young Professional
- Monifa Bandele, Senior Campaign Director for the Food Justice and Children’s Nutrition campaign at MomsRising.org
- Lumumba Bandele, Senior Community Organizer, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Tamika Mallory, Founder of NoEqualityNoEconomy.com
- The Honorable Kevin Parker, New York State Senator;
- L. Joy Williams, President, Brooklyn NAACP and
- The Honorable Jumaane Williams, Council Member, NY City Council
Wednesday, August 10, 2016; 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
John Jay College of Criminal Justice; 524 West 59th Street (Between 10th Ave. and 11th Ave.); New York, NY 10019