Photographers of all skill levels are invited to enter Four Freedoms Park’s “Capture Your Freedom” Photo Contest for a chance to have their photograph displayed at an onsite, outdoor photography exhibition at Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park.
Held in partnership with United Photo Industries, this contest encourages participants to use photography to explore the meaning of the four freedoms—freedom of speech & expression, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear—and the role these rights play in their lives today.
The contest is free to enter and runs from February 5—March 28, 2018. Following the submission period, a jury of esteemed human rights and photography advocates will select winning photographs. Jury includes:
- Penny Abeywardena, Commissioner, NYC Mayor’s Office for International Affairs
- Yvette Alberdingk Thijm, Executive Director, Witness
- Nathalie Applewhite, Managing Director, Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting
- Geoffrey Berliner, Co-developer & Executive Director, Penumbra Foundation
- Emma Raynes, Director of Programs, Magnum Foundation
- Maggie Soladay, Photography Editor, Open Society Foundations in New York
The contest will culminate in an outdoor photo exhibit in June at Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park – the first of its kind held at the presidential memorial.
February 9—March 28, 2018
For more information, please visit: http://www.fdrfourfreedomspark.org/captureyourfreedom
Photo by Sharon Cuff.
No related posts found...