The New York Women’s Chamber of Commerce, a not for profit organization dedicated to providing programs and services to foster the development, growth, and success of women entrepreneurs, is looking for an experienced Business Services Director.
Under the direction of the President of the New York Women’s Chamber of Commerce, this position will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day business development activities of the organization; developing marketing and outreach programs; providing one-on-one technical assistance counseling to start up and existing small businesses; management and delivery of the business development training programs, and overseeing the staff, consultants, interns and volunteers.
- Develop, manage and implement all business services programs for the organization
- Provide business counseling and group education towards the development of women-owned businesses
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach plan to ensure program goals are met
- Work jointly with partners such as the NYC Department of Small Business Services, banks, community organizations and local and state governments to build alliances and promote entrepreneurship for women
- Develop and implement programs to address client needs and economic conditions
- Track and analyze activities and outcomes of programs
- Attend and speak at community meetings and events
- Conduct marketing and outreach to gain new clients, especially established women-led businesses
- Recruit, hire, train and manage program staff, instructors, consultants, volunteers, and interns
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Meet personal performance objectives based on contracting agencies.
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Bachelor degree or higher in business administration
Experience: A minimum of five years of professional experience in small business management, economic development, micro-enterprise, and/or not-for-profit management, or a related field. Applicants must have experience in external affairs and community outreach, staff management, and financial management.
Skills/Knowledge: The successful candidate must have proven skills in marketing and client outreach and excellent organizational, writing, technology, and decision-making skills. Applicants must have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, along with excellent customer service skills for working with various groups to include clients, staff, partners, vendors, and others. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in institutional supported software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, work autonomously and exercise sound judgment, determine priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Other: Applicants must possess the following critical strengths including, but not limited to: team player, innovative, reliability, attention to detail, and strong self-initiative. Applicants must be sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base and must be willing and able to travel throughout the boroughs and work evenings and weekends when needed.
Note: Position is funded by a grant. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of these grant funds.
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
If interested, please address your cover letter and resume to Quenia Abreu, President and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fax it to 212-491-6019
Cover letters should be addressed to Ms. Quenia Abreu, President
The Chamber is committed to promoting, connecting and opening doors for women entrepreneurs. See below for upcoming workshops and events. We look forward to seeing you there!