The 2018 NYC Pre-K Directory is now available online and in print.
New York City families with children born in 2014 will be able to apply for free, full-day, high-quality pre-K starting on February 5th, 2018. Before pre-K applications open, New York City families can review their options for free, full-day, high-quality pre-K programs. They can use the Directory to:
- Decide which pre-K program options are best for their family
- Learn the steps to apply to pre-K so they are prepared to apply in February
- Learn which pre-K programs their child is most likely to receive an offer from
The Directory is available in 10 languages online, and copies are also available at schools, New York City Early Education Centers, Family Welcome Centers, libraries, and other community centers. For more information on the Pre-K Directory and application process, families can also visit:
- Our Pre-K Finder, which has the most up-to-date program information,
- Our Pre-K Events page for information about program visits and Open Houses, or
- Call 718-935-2009.
NYC Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña, states, “Free, full-day, high-quality pre-K gives our kids the strong start they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. I urge New York City families to review the NYC Pre-K Directory and apply for pre-K starting next month.”
Families with children born in 2015 who are interested in applying for free, full-day, high-quality 3-K for All programs can learn more and sign up for email updates at nyc.gov/3k.